Between 29th August and 2nd September the c/o pop Festival took place in Cologne.
A few days after the 15th c/o pop in Cologne we would like to share our experiences with you.
This year’s 15th anniversary edition once again featured many open-air concerts, showcases and club nights by national and international artists. The focus is always on presenting the regional music scene and newcomers and paving the way for the international market. Artists such as Franz Ferdinand, The Whitest Boy Alive and AnnenMayKantereit were able to start their careers with the annual Pop NRW Young Talent Award presented at c/o pop.
The c/o pop Convention took place parallel to the c/o pop Festival on the 30th and 31st August. At the specialist conference for the music industry, keynotes and panels on a wide range of topics in the INTERACTIVE and BRANDS & MUSIC areas were heard on Thursday and EXCHANGE & CONNECT and NEW TALENT on Friday.
Top-class speakers from the music and tech industry were invited to the individual topics. Lectures on syncrights, campaign management for major brands working with music, virtual reality, augmented reality, blockchain technology, (music) marketing and AI are just some of the topics discussed.
A selection of speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Christian Baierle (Managing Director of ROBA Music Publishing)
- Claudia Schwarz (Co-Founder & Vice President MusicTech Germany)
- Beat Gottwald (Founder and CEO of the management agency Beat the Rich)
- Fabian Gerhartz (CEO of the music and event agency Lautstark GmbH)
- Aurélie Gautier (Head of Sync, Marketing & Licensing at BMG France)
- Nadin Lefkeli (Managing Director at White Horse Music)
- Yasemine Gallus (Senioe Marketing & Synch Manager at Budde Music)
- Maxime Faget (Co-Founder of SeaNaps Festival and pioneer of the integration of blockchain technology in the live music sector)
- Turo Pekari (Senior Advisor, Innovation and Discovery at Teosto Futures Lab)
- Paul Pacifico (CEO of Association of Independent Music UK)
A major goal of the c/o pop Convention is to connect the German pop music scene with each other and to offer newcomers and aspiring professionals a platform to get in touch with established business people. Between the individual panels there was always enough time for conversations, discussions and exchange of contact data. Even before the event, the Delegates Database made it possible to view and contact the convention participant list in order to optimally prepare for speakers and participants and make appointments at c/o pop.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to buy an all-in-one ticket for the c/o pop festival and convention, but it is still quite affordable for a festival in size and with the offer (“festival packages” divided by genre are available from 42 euros, the convention ticket even from 30 euros). However, some concerts are also included in the convention ticket, where you can network and discover new musical talents. For example, you could visit the PopNRW award ceremony of the PopNRW Young Talent Promotion, where the winning bands played, or one of the numerous showcases of the c/o pop participating countries, where the currently most promising artists of the respective countries played.
Finally, it should be said that this event is especially worthwhile for newcomers to visit keynotes and panels on business topics. Many of the topics dealt with were more about the absolute basics. For business networking and relationship building, the c/o pop Festival is highly recommended, we used the Delegates Database intensively to prepare ourselves perfectly for the event.
Also interesting in this context:
In this sense: Happy Networking!